Every purchase matters- Melbourne!
Celebrate Fair Trade Fortnight 2015 with the Melbourne Fair Trade Network's upcoming event "Every Purchase Matters" in collaboration with Melbourne University Fair Trade Steering committee.
A multi-faced event featuring a screening of the powerful documentary 'Black Gold' that will change the way you drink coffee and give you an insight into the true cost of your morning caffeine hit.
The film screening will be followed by a Q and A session with leading figures in the Fair Trade Movement in Australia and the Pacific, as well as an opportunity to purchase fair trade products from a mini market.
To see this insightful documentary, enjoy some fair trade shopping, and have the opportunity to win an amazing Fair Trade prize, you can either buy your tickets at the door, or online.
Tickets: General Admission ($15)
Ticket Link: https://fairtrade.iwannaticket.com.au/event/every-purchase-matters-melbourne-event-OTA3OA
Great prizes to be Won!
Make sure you come along for the opportunity to win a variety of fabulous Fair Trade products. Prizes have been donated by Sinerji, Koguis, Karibu Markets and My Fair Baby. Prizes include:
- Two x $100 gift vouchers from the amazing Fair Trade fashion company Sinerji to be won.
- A Patterned Mochila Wayuu- a 100 % cotton, hand knitted Indigenous casual bag made by ladies indigenous Wayuu from Northern Colombia valued $120 donated by Kougis Fair Trade
- A pair of High top sneakers size 40 european with upper Molas, decorated by hand stitched appliques from Kuna Indigenous ladies from west coastal Colombia valued $139 donated by Kougis Fair Trade
- A Tagua, or vegetable Ivory necklace set (includes the earrings) made from the natural piece that carved and dyed produce incredibly beautiful jewellery from Colombian rainforest and city artisans valued $40 donated by Kougis Fair Trade
- A reversible quilted jacket made from 100% Organic Fair Trade cotton from My Fair Baby.